It is recommended that time is allowed at the end of the day for de-briefing and evaluations to get feedback about the workshop.
Attendees can discuss the collections, specific items that they enjoyed, any challenges, surprises, and other thoughts about their experience during the workshop. Below is a list of possible questions to start the discussion:
- Overall, what was your experience of the CAW? How did you feel about your role?
- In terms of process, what were some of the strengths of the CAW workflow? Are there things you would change?
- What worked in terms of the welcoming and orienting of CAW participants? Are there things you would change?
- What worked in terms of the presentation and instructions? Are there things you would change?
- What worked in terms of the inspection and inventory process, especially for those new to the process? Are there things you would change?
- Did you think the scope and scale of the collection worked well? Why or why not? Did you think the template worked for both the participants and the organization? Why or why not?
During the discussion, a short, three-question evaluation form is passed out for attendees to complete. Below are the questions on the evaluation form (Attachment 9, p.103):
- What did you like about today’s workshop?
- What would you like to see improved for next year?
- Do you have any general comments about the workshop?
Link to Evaluation form template. Have Printouts.